In 2020, the Instagram influencer market measurement throughout the globe surpassed US$2 billion. Different platforms resembling TikTok are additionally steadily growing in reputation amongst entrepreneurs. In 2020, TikTok’s preliminary influencer rely was 35,500 however later leaped to over 106,000.
With influencers in numbers of that magnitude, there are lots in each area of interest! That’s excellent news for manufacturers and entrepreneurs who’re in search of influencer partnerships to reinforce the affect of their social media methods.
It’s crucial to pick out the right influencer for your brand and particular marketing campaign aims. However that’s simpler mentioned than finished.
Welcome to the whole cheat sheet on the several types of influencers and which is finest on your particular marketing campaign. Let’s dive in!
What’s an influencer tier?
Influencer tiers are designated by an account’s follower rely. Whereas follower rely is in no way the one metric to contemplate, it’s a straightforward technique to categorize content material creators.
Following are the frequent influencer tier benchmarks categorized by variety of followers:
- Nano influencer = 1,000 – 5,000 followers
- Micro influencer = 5,000 – 20,000 followers
- Mid-tier influencer = 20,000 – 100,000 followers
- Macro influencer = 100,000 – 1 million followers
- Mega influencer = 1 million+ followers
Why use totally different tiers of influencers?
It’s not so simple as simply choosing a tier and operating with it. Not each tier is related for each technique or goal. Different issues resembling achievement capability and target market threshold additionally consider.
In 2021, Statista carried out a global survey amongst advertising and marketing businesses and types in reference to their advertising and marketing methods. They found that over 52 p.c of respondents acknowledged that their organizations labored with as many as 10 influencers, and 6 p.c mentioned they labored with over a thousand influencers.
By utilizing a mixture of influencers, you open your marketing campaign to reaping the benefits of multiple types of influencers.
A complete take a look at totally different influencer sorts
A mega influencer is a content material creator who has amassed greater than 1 million followers on anyone social media platform. Typically these accounts belong to celebrities, TV personalities or different well-known people who find themselves extra standard than influential.
- Campaigns finest for mega influencers: Mega influencers get plenty of consideration on-line, however on account of their standing and the sheer variety of folks of their sphere, engagement is often very low. A mega influencer is an efficient match for model consciousness and visibility campaigns.
- Discovering and dealing with mega influencers: The place there’s a platform, there you’ll find mega influencers. Nonetheless, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube are the strongest contenders. A mega influencer who’s a real and avid content material creator is more likely to have a group of creatives and account managers, or they are going to be related to an influencer advertising and marketing company.
Macro influencers are outlined as these having between 100k+ and 1 million followers on a single platform. With numbers that top, engagement shall be on the low finish, however attain shall be vital.
- Campaigns finest for macro influencers: These are the content material creators who strike a fragile stability between social media fame and being an knowledgeable of their market. Cheaper than a mega influencer, a macro influencer is a good match for a model consciousness marketing campaign to get a robust attain and extra eyeballs to raise the notion of your model.
- Discovering and dealing with a macro influencer: Macro influencers are on each platform, however keep watch over Instagram, Twitter and TikTok because the strongest. A macro influencer could have quite a bit occurring behind the scenes and is probably going working with an influencer advertising and marketing company.
In a study carried out by Statista, this tier of content material creators accounted for 26.8 p.c of all kinds of influencers. They’re additionally the second hottest class of influencers on Instagram and have a follower rely between 20k and 100k.
- Campaigns finest for mid-tier influencers: In case your model wants a credibility enhance with a aspect of engagement, a mid-tier influencer could be the most fitted match. With mid-level followers, this tier of influencer can nonetheless supply large attain in addition to a depth of connection.
- Discovering and dealing with a mid-tier influencer: As soon as once more, we spotlight that Instagram stays the most well-liked influencer platform, but it surely begins to diverge at this stage. Mid-tier influencers may be discovered on Fb, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest in addition to Instagram. These accounts are nonetheless rising, and creators are keen to barter and work exhausting.
Statista estimates that micro Instagram influencers with 5,000 to twenty,000 followers account for 47.3 p.c of influencer accounts worldwide. Meaning most influencers fall into this class.
- Campaigns finest for micro influencers: A micro-influencer is a good match for small to medium budgets in search of a extremely niched marketing campaign to drive conversions and gross sales. Providing a few of the highest engagement ranges, micro-influencers garner robust belief amongst followers.
- Discovering and dealing with a micro influencer: Fb, Instagram and YouTube are the very best locations to hunt micro-influencers. These creators are most certainly solo operations, although some are related to an company.
With greater than 1,000 followers however fewer than 5,000, these are your on a regular basis content material creators, not professionals.
- Campaigns finest for nano influencers: Rent a nano-influencer for a small campaign to safe excessive credibility on your model. Nano influencers could have the very best engagement as a result of these creators talk immediately with their followers and make genuine connections.
- Discovering and dealing with a nano influencer: Begin with Pinterest, Instagram and Fb to search out nano influencers. Be sure you totally interview your influencer and clearly talk expectations all through this course of.