When you’re keen on pursuing a podcast promoting technique to attach with millennial or Gen Z customers however aren’t certain if the precise alternatives exist in your firm, try this listing of podcast advertising stats.
With these techniques, you possibly can establish podcasters with a price-point and viewers goal that is sensible in your model. Then, you possibly can work with them and leverage their experience by sponsoring the content material they’ve made. Alternatively, you might additionally create a local advert that aligns with their dialogue matters.
We’ll cowl podcasting’s greatest advertising alternatives, the place podcasting is headed, and the demographics who tune in essentially the most.
Desk of Contents:
Podcasts and Promoting
- In 2022, 82% of entrepreneurs plan to proceed investing the identical quantity or improve their funding in podcasts or different audio content material. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advert spending is predicted to hit $1.74 billion this yr. (Statista)
- 39% of Data Expertise corporations plan to leverage podcast promoting in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The common podcast advert slot prices between $10 to $50, with further premium charges for reveals with excessive listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-based corporations plan to leverage podcasts and audio content material of their advertising methods. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast shoppers say that they’re extra more likely to contemplate the manufacturers they hear marketed on podcasts. (Edison Research)
- 38% of entrepreneurs working for retail corporations say podcast promoting is the media channel with the most important ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast promoting income is predicted to move $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Report)
- In 2021, there have been over 2 million energetic podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By April 2021, there have been over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Month-to-month podcast listeners grew by 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of Individuals age 12 and up have listened to podcasts up to now month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the variety of folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. who listened to podcasts elevated from 57% to 62%. (Edison Research)
- Roughly 79% of individuals over the age of 12 within the U.S. are accustomed to podcasts. (Edison Research)
- 53% of podcast listeners are males. (Edison Research)
- 41% of millennials hearken to podcasts weekly. (Jam Street Media)
- 53% of males and 46% of girls hearken to podcasts in 2022. (Edison Research)
- 66% of podcast listeners have a university diploma and a mean earnings of $75,000 per yr. (Buzzsprout)
- The largest improve in podcast listenership up to now yr has come from these within the 12-to-34 age group. (Edison Research)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of individuals hearken to podcasts month-to-month whereas 26% of individuals hearken to podcasts weekly. (Edison Research)
- Whereas 49% of podcast listeners tune in from dwelling, 22% hear within the automotive. (Podcast Insights)
- Roughly 30% of individuals study podcasts from on-line search whereas about 20% of listeners say they hear about them from different mates or phrase of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners usually tend to personal a wise speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the primary audio supply by time of consumption amongst podcast listeners. (Edison Research)
- 50% of podcast Tremendous Listeners agree that podcast adverts are the easiest way to succeed in them. (Edison Research)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% extra more likely to hearken to podcasts for skilled causes than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% of customer support reps have listened to a podcast at work. (EX-IQ)
- Whereas 39.2% of people that hearken to podcasts a minimum of month-to-month hear by way of Apple Podcasts, 26.4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- Greater than half of millennials hearken to academic podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners say they’d be extra more likely to share podcasts with mates in the event that they have been capable of share one quick phase or spotlight of it, somewhat than a whole episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advert insertion accounted for 84% of podcast promoting income. 40% of podcast adverts have been host-read. (IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Report)
- The quantity of branded content material in podcasts elevated by practically 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
Contemplating podcast promoting?
As you’ve got seen from the stats above, podcasting is rising in recognition — particularly amongst youthful generations. And whereas it’s usually thought of a type of “leisure,” podcast content material will be extremely versatile.
For instance, though millennials or Gen Z hearken to podcasts that characteristic interviews with large celebrities, they will additionally hear intently to smaller reveals that educate them about new developments or information that impacts their life or profession.
As a result of there are such a lot of podcasts, and so many listeners with shopping for potential, you would possibly wish to contemplate podcast sponsorships in your future promoting plan.